Review of Article Writing Site: Daily Two Cents





cc from en.wikipedia.org




(Update November 10,2015): Daily Two Cents has went to an adshare model of pay instead of the per view. This means you have to have an Adsense account to get 75% of the ad revenue from your article's pages. I haven't yet made the transition, but I'm actually glad about this because I need help reaching the Adsense $100 min. payout. Just wanted to keep you up to date. DTC site is still ran by very trustworthy admin and is a quality place to write. 


----------------------------------------------------------


(Update Feb. 12, 2015): Just wanted to stop in and say that DTC has dropped their pay rate significantly down to $1.50 per 1,000 views. This from $5 per 1,000 before. This is unfortunate, yet they are basically trying to remain sustainable and I respect that they are only offering what they can afford to. I have been paid again from them on time, this time around $11. DTC might not pay as good as before, but they are a legit honest place to write for, and your articles do get more views than before as they are more popular today. 

-----------------------------------------------------------


   On April 23rd, 2014 I wrote my first article on Daily Two Cents. Since then I have written 36 more. This article is going to be a review on that experience. 

  Daily Two Cents is an article writing site which has been around I'm estimating a little over a year. Their sister site is called Writedge. DTC requires a minimum of only 100 words in your article, while Writedge requires a minimum of 400. Both are run from a Wordpress platform and pay equally a half a cent per view. 

  I can now write a review because I recently received my first pay from DTC. Because I mainly write on DTC that is the site I'll talk about, although Writedge and it are very similar. I've only written one article on Writedge, even though it's the more popular site. Both have been rising in the Alexa rankings considerably since I've been there. The ranking of DTC when I started was 170k in the US, and now it is 37k in the US. That's impressive! 

  The reason why it's grown is because the owners are responsive and committed to making it a great site for writers, as they're both writers themselves. The site also pays it's writers what they say they will, and the owners are continually improving the site. They now have a nice forum area and a point system that rewards the writers for sharing and interacting on the site. Their goal I believe is to make it a place where serious writer's can write and socialize as well. Although I honestly don't spend much time there, it is a neat looking site which  is easy to navigate and read articles. The only drawback I would give it is it can be a bit slow to get around, but this will likely improve and it's not so bad. 

   DTC allows contextual back-links in your articles, and also your author's profile can have your social sites and website links in it as well. So, DTC is a good back-linking website to gain traffic while making some money as well. Mainly, this is what I've been using the site for. It has generated fairly decent traffic to my blogs, and it seems it will only do better. 

  Another option we can do is affiliate marketing with Amazon in our articles. They even have a snazzy review template which you can review books, movies, and whatever else in a nice media rich format. I have done this a couple times and was impressed at how nice it looked. Also, we can share pictures and videos in the posts as well. 

  DTC pays through PayPal once a month if you reach the minimum $5 payout amount. I believe it's on the 5th of the month, but not sure about this. I was paid in the amount of $2.60 for some reason. I think it's because they were cleaning up some left over views that disappeared for awhile while they were revamping the site. This is impressive to me, cause I thought those views were lost. This is how they work there, honest, direct, and responsive. 

  I also have to say that DTC is also a fair place to write, although the majority of the Internet in general is liberal types, they don't censor or penalize the fundamental conservative types. This is refreshing to me, as I'm a fundamental born-again Christian conservative who understands about the New World Order and the Satanic elite that are running the world. I can write about this and I haven't had trouble with it yet. This is the most impressive part of DTC to me, and I haven't even gotten rabid haters leaving comments. 

   After 37 articles, I have made an estimated $5 in totality. This means I've made about .14 cents per article. Now, keep in mind I never share my articles to social sites or promote them in any way. This is because they are mostly back-linking articles in which I've already used up my social site credit on that particular topic. This isn't too bad considering this. Also, you have to consider that this is throughout the last four months when the site wasn't as popular. I believe the site has gone from 70k to 36k in the last two weeks!

    So, I've made about .14 cents per article there at DTC, and received some traffic to my sites. And, I received a payment of $2.60 cents. If I were to estimate how much I could make if I were to share my articles and promote them more, then I would say I could likely make .50 cents per article. Then I could even write a couple a day and make about $30/month. Not bad for only having to write 100 words each time. This article here is about 1400. 

   So, this is my rudimentary review of the site called Daily Two Cents. I would suggest giving it a try and checking it out. Not only is it fun to write for, but it has some interesting articles to read as well. The writers there are sincere and interesting. I'm sure there are other features that I'm not aware of, like maybe a referral program? I believe they have contests every so often as well, this could be a money maker for some too. 

  Well, for now take care, and maybe I'll see you around DTC. 

   To check out the site, here is the link to the homepage:

- Daily Two Cents







Comments

  1. I am a new member there and I read your review about DTC. It's a very nice site and I already have got 540 views for my 20 articles. I hope I'll be able to redeem soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there I really don't know how to add an article in dily two cents. I already click add a post but i can't seem to find where i would star. please help

      Delete
  2. Hey there Robby, I agree, it's a good place to write. It doesn't take a lot of effort, and the return isn't bad. The site has grown a lot in the last few months. If you share it to social networks it could work even better. Thanks for coming by, best wishes in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my experience it does take a lot of effort to post a piece on DTC because of Google advertising and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your review of Dailytwocents.
    The administrators of the site have also proved to me that they keep their promises to writers even though they may lose money themselves. That is the reason why they chose to lower their pay rate.
    At first I was frustrated about this change, i.e. getting 1.5 dollars per thousand views, rather than 5 dollars. However, even at this rate, writers who can write fast posts (only over 100 words) and follow the site’s publishing rules can be sure that they will get their money, once they have reached the minimum payout threshold of 5 dollars. I think this transparency is a very good thing, compared to other sites which may not be honest to their writers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Bargemaster, thanks for commenting. Yeah,I'd rather them lower the pay rate and be honest than lie and cheat people. That is so refreshing in the Internet world. I don't write there much as of now and of late, but I think it would add up quick enough and it's a good back link to other things. I thought they raised their min. payout to $20, maybe I'm wrong about that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Follow AWR on Substack