Hubpages Compared to Blogger Update



cc from commons.wikimedia.org



   In the past I've wrote some reviews and articles about both Blogger and Hubpages. I wanted to update this continuing review with new developments.
   
   The insight I've gained of late is a little different, in that I haven't been very active for the last few months on either platform. This has allowed me to see how they do without consistent content being added. Specifically, I've written 12 blog articles and 2 hubs in the last three months.

   HubPages has been getting less views lately, I've noticed that since Squidoo has came over the views have went down by at least half. This before I even became less active. Strangely, I actually had the best month on HubPages two months ago because I was given money from Amazon Affiliates from products I don't even recall selling on my hubs. This amount makes the amount made in the last three months better than it really should have been without this apparent mistake.

   In particular in the last three months, these are the stats:

Blogs (three blogs total): 
 Views (Adsense): 2679 
 T:$4.07 
 T: .0015/view

HubPages: 
 Views: 1920 
 T:$7.32* 
 T: .0038/view

*Now, this is the Hubpages amount after the likely mistaken $6.06 I made through Amazon Associates was taken out.

   These numbers do favor Hubpages as the better earning site, yes, but the last couple months have been much lower than usual. Basically without writing any hubs, I've made less than a $1.50/month with 37 featured hubs. So, basically the numbers for the last two months are actually very similar.

   If you've read my other articles about these two platforms, you'll see why I chose my blogs over Hubpages as my writing center (articles below). This is becoming more and more the right decision for many different reasons. One of those reason was Hubpages censored one of my hubs about satanism being a criminal belief.
   
   When a person comes to my blog, they can connect with many different platforms I contribute to. There are links there for all my eBooks, social sites, Reverbnation, Ebay and Amazon stores, YouTube channel, and more. When a person goes to one of my hubs they can't easily access any of these things.

   I'm not going to stop writing for Hubpages, because it is a quality popular site to use to promote my different projects. Yet, I'm going away from making it the number one place for product reviews. Rather, I'm going to make one of my blogs the main place for product reviews. It just makes more sense, and the amount I can make through Adsense, although not much, is something I can calculate and work with.

   Some people may like Hubpages better, but for those who like to be creative and personalize their website, then blogs are a much better way to reach the audience you want. Another great aspect is you can have people subscribe through email and different readers. This way you will start building a unique audience that is loyal to your work.

   I have a good feeling my three blogs at Blogger are going to grow and begin to gain a good sized audience in the near future. When I get into a better writing routine and start being consistent with posting, they should exceed Hubpages in earnings and help gain attention to the other money making strategies I'm using to make money on-line.


   I just thought this might be interesting to some people who are thinking about writing for Hubpages and have a blog. They are both good places to write and be heard, and they both have the potential to make money. Choosing which one you want to make the center of your writing system, depends on your overall goals. Check out some of the articles below to gain further insights.  













Comments

Follow AWR on Substack